AIR-X irons and hybrids from Cobra Golf boost distance for moderate swing speeds
Building off the success of the F-MAX family, which debuted in 2017, the new AIR-X men’s and women’s irons and combo sets deliver a lighter overall club weight to improve feel and maximise clubhead speed and distance for players with moderate swing speeds.
RELATED: SHOP FOR COBRA’S RADSPEED DRIVER ON THE PRO SHOP
The AIR-X irons take lightweight technology and super game improvement performance to a new level. A lighter clubhead design yields two grams in weight savings, while a six-gram lighter, 41-gram standard size grip with a lighter and softer rubber compound improves feel, making these irons easier and more enjoyable to hit than ever before. Players will enjoy maximum forgiveness and effortless launch through a combination of a deep undercut cavity, low profile shape and greater lofts throughout the set.
AIR-X irons feature several game-improving technologies:
- Strategic weighting: Weight low and wide increases stability and forgiveness on off-centre hits, while heel-biased weighting provides draw trajectory for increased accuracy and directional control.
- Progressive offset design: The long irons feature more offset to increase accuracy and forgiveness, while the short irons and wedges feature progressively less offset for maximum control and precision around the green.
- Low profile with deep undercut design: A low-profile shape with a deep undercut cavity results in higher launch, increased ball speeds and maximum carry distance.
- Greater lofts: Greater iron lofts maximise flight trajectory for moderate swing speeds, resulting in increased carry distances, and steeper decent angles for improved stopping power into greens.
- Premium chrome finish: A nickel, two-tone chrome plating provides beautiful aesthetics and increased durability for great looking, longer lasting irons.
“For golfers who love the game but just don’t swing it with the same speed they used to, the AIR-XTM irons are a great choice, said Tom Olsavsky, vice-president of research & development for Cobra Golf. “We are confident that the combination of easy launch, low spin, and increased clubhead speed that these irons provide, will make the game much more enjoyable.”
AIR-X irons are available in a variety of set options:
- Men’s AIR-X irons (RRP: $169 steel; $189 graphite): Available from 4-PW, GW, SW and features a 97-gram FST UltraLite steel shaft in stiff and regular flex; and a Cobra UltraLite graphite shaft that is offered with a 50-gram structure in regular and a 45-gram weight in lite flex; both available in right-hand and left-hand versions in sleek black/blue colourway.
- Women's AIR-X graphite irons (RRP: $189): Features a Cobra UltraLite 45-gram graphite shaft and is available from 5-PW, GW, SW); only in right-hand ladies flex. Available in a striking black/lilac colourway.
The men’s and women’s AIR-X hybrids are available to purchase as a stand-alone option. These hybrids utilise Cobra’s lightest clubhead, grip and shaft designs in addition to two game-enhancing technologies:
- Back/heel centre of gravity weighting: An internal weight pad strategically positions weight low, back and towards the heel to deliver straighter trajectories.
- Offset hosel design: An offset hosel design helps to square the face quicker at impact to increase launch and improve accuracy.
The men’s AIR-X hybrids (RRP: $299) are available in 3H (19 degrees), 4H (22 degrees), 5H (25 degrees), while 6H (28 degrees) and 7H (31 degrees) come in right-hand only, with stiff, regular and lite flex options. The women’s AIR-X hybrids are available in 4H (22 degrees), 5H (25 degrees), 6H (28 degrees) and 7H (31 degrees) in ladies flex (right-hand only). AIR-X women’s hybrids also carry an RRP of $299 and come in a striking black/lilac colourway.
AIR-X irons and hybrids are available now in stores Australia-wide. Visit cobragolf.com.au for more information.
As seen in https://www.australiangolfdigest.com.au/